April 23, 2008

Video Music Box 25th Anniversary Concert


Yep..you see what the title says. That's right Uncle Ralph is having a summer concert celebrating 25 years of Video Music Box!!! I know many of us grew up watching that show, especially those in the NY, NJ, CT area. No word yet on the performing line up, but word is it's going to be crazy! Here's some info:
Friday, July 18, 2008 From 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Central Park SummerStage

The influence of "Video Music Box" stretches far and wide, as the show is one of the first and longest running outlets for Hip-Hop since the genre’s inception. Twenty-five years after its debut, Ralph McDaniels hosts a celebration concert featuring performances by a who's who of hip-hop icons from the series’ illustrious history.

Just reading that statement makes me think..who hasn't been on Video Music Box!?!? You know the show is gonna be serious. I'm there! no question.
I will give an update on this as soon as I found out who will be performing. For those of you who live in the area or will be in the area this summer, make sure you find yourself at this event.

1 comment:

Knowitall said...

I've been watching Video music box for about 15 years. I don't know why he hasn't gotten a VH1 award!This concert is a must see! Rain or Shine I'm there. You need to see his website its crazy www.onFumes.com. I can get off it. One Love Ralph Bk Stand Up!